ibz
ibz  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:27
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
Jul 6, 2018

Hi there,
When starting to work with Cafetran, I somehow missed to name the translation memories (tmx) properly, so when I open Cafetran now, there are several "Project memory" / "ProjectTerms" with no specific name in this panel. I can see where they come from when putting the curser on them, but it still bothers me.
Is there a simple way of renaming them?
Thank you for your advice,
Irene

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
In the Finder Jul 6, 2018

ibz wrote:

Hi there,
When starting to work with Cafetran, I somehow missed to name the translation memories (tmx) properly, so when I open Cafetran now, there are several "Project memory" / "ProjectTerms" with no specific name in this panel. I can see where they come from when putting the curser on them, but it still bothers me.
Is there a simple way of renaming them?
Thank you for your advice,
Irene

Hello Irene,

You can simply do this in the Finder. But then you'll have to remove them from the Dashboard (right mouse button) and add them again.

Jean Dimitriadis
Jean Dimitriadis  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Remove from the Dashboard, rename and add back Jul 6, 2018

Hello Irene,

In the Dashboard, you can right click on a specific TM (or other resource) and remove it.

You can then rename it as you wish at its original location (or a new one) and add it back to the Dashboard by drag and dropping it (and choosing Open, not Edit) or with the button Add memory.

The TM will be added with the new name you gave it, and the TM options you have chosen.

---

As a side note, if you tend to use specific TMs
... See more
Hello Irene,

In the Dashboard, you can right click on a specific TM (or other resource) and remove it.

You can then rename it as you wish at its original location (or a new one) and add it back to the Dashboard by drag and dropping it (and choosing Open, not Edit) or with the button Add memory.

The TM will be added with the new name you gave it, and the TM options you have chosen.

---

As a side note, if you tend to use specific TMs (or other resources) depending on your clients, language pairs, project types, etc., you might want to explore the Project templates feature, which allows you to store and reuse the Dashboard and other settings.

I have attempted to describe this feature here: https://github.com/idimitriadis0/TheCafeTranFiles/wiki/5-Project-templates
Collapse

Hans Lenting

ibz
ibz  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:27
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Jul 6, 2018

Hi Hans and Jean,
Thank you so much for your answer! Sometimes I feel rather stupid and I'm very grateful for your help ...
Have a great day!
Irene

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Very relevant Jul 6, 2018

Jean Dimitriadis wrote:

As a side note, if you tend to use specific TMs (or other resources) depending on your clients, language pairs, project types, etc., you might want to explore the Project templates feature

Not a side note but indeed very relevant. Project Templates are just ... great.

And, for my use, if this feature could be added:

https://www.proz.com/forum/cafetran_support/326662-coordination_of_projects_and_resources_when_switching_between_projects.html

they'd even be perfect.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Renaming translation memories

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »