Written test/Interview at EUIPO (European Union Intellectual Property Office)
Thread poster: Catherine Meunier
Catherine Meunier
Catherine Meunier
France
Local time: 22:15
English to French
+ ...
Nov 21, 2020

Hello,
EUIPO is recruiting linguistic assistants. Does anybody knows what the written test and interview are like?
Thank you

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 21:15
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Bonjour, Catherine Nov 22, 2020

I worked for 20 years (1986-2006) as staff translator at an EU institution and I was admitted through an open competition but as things have changed a lot my experience will probably not be of great help. Anyway, as most of EUIPO’s work is machine translated I suppose the linguist assistant job will consist mostly of PEMT, proofreading and translation revision, so the written test should reflect... See more
I worked for 20 years (1986-2006) as staff translator at an EU institution and I was admitted through an open competition but as things have changed a lot my experience will probably not be of great help. Anyway, as most of EUIPO’s work is machine translated I suppose the linguist assistant job will consist mostly of PEMT, proofreading and translation revision, so the written test should reflect these tasks. Check these sample tests: https://epso.europa.eu/how-to-apply/sample-tests_en

Good luck!
Collapse

Catherine Meunier

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Written test/Interview at EUIPO (European Union Intellectual Property Office)

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »