To put subscript to srt
Thread poster: mpazderova
mpazderova
mpazderova
Czech Republic
Local time: 12:36
Sep 18, 2020

Hello,

I have problem putting subscript to .srt. My issue is, it is working only for few characters, but not for all.
I need to put there for example "1n" or "nn" or "ii" and in final video instead of subscript I have question mark.
Text for subscript is in format "1n". Also I tried to change it to "& #8321;& #8345;" (without space which I put here).
I used Adobe and Submerge to create final video with subtitles, but no luck.
Could you please help me which pr
... See more
Hello,

I have problem putting subscript to .srt. My issue is, it is working only for few characters, but not for all.
I need to put there for example "1n" or "nn" or "ii" and in final video instead of subscript I have question mark.
Text for subscript is in format "1n". Also I tried to change it to "& #8321;& #8345;" (without space which I put here).
I used Adobe and Submerge to create final video with subtitles, but no luck.
Could you please help me which program to use or how to change these tags so I can use my current programs?
Thank you in advance for your answers.

[Edited at 2020-09-18 13:33 GMT]

[Edited at 2020-09-18 15:04 GMT]
Collapse

Noel McCourt
Noel McCourt  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:36
English
HTML Sep 19, 2020

I can't check this myself but I do recall some HTML being supported in SRT files. Could your try putting SUP tags around it? E.g. CO<sup>2</sup>

[Edited at 2020-09-19 10:13 GMT]

Mr. Satan (X)
Mr. Satan (X)
English to Indonesian
No dice Sep 20, 2020

Noel McCourt wrote:

I can't check this myself but I do recall some HTML being supported in SRT files. Could your try putting SUP tags around it? E.g. CO2

[Edited at 2020-09-19 10:13 GMT]

SRT subtitle format does not support subscript HTML tag. It only supports bold, italic, underline and font colors. And yes, I just checked it out. No dice.

I'm afraid you'll have to use different subtitle file format. You can probably hack your way through by writing it in MS Word, and then copy-paste it into the SRT file. But I can't guarantee it'll work.

Good luck.

mpazderova
mpazderova
Czech Republic
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Sep 21, 2020

Thank you for your help, but unfortunately neither help in this case. We are stuck on this for last 3 working days and no luck.

Mr. Satan (X)
Mr. Satan (X)
English to Indonesian
Ah well Sep 22, 2020

That’s a bummer. I suppose you could use SSA/ASS subtitle file format if that’s an option. Then you could cheat by using smaller font size for the letter you want to appear as a subscript. I don’t think it’ll work in SRT file format. I could be wrong, though.

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 14:36
English to Russian
Try to change the font of your subs Sep 22, 2020

Some fonts may not support superscript sigⁿs. I use Aegisub. You can type a sign in MS Word (by typing 207F Alt+X for example) and then copy it into Aegisub. If the font doesn't support ⁿ, a square sign will appear. In this case just choose any other font that does. I suppose your software also has similar font settings.

[Edited at 2020-09-22 20:58 GMT]
Collapse

mpazderova
mpazderova
Czech Republic
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for your help Oct 5, 2020

Hi All,

Thank you very much for your help. Unfortunately none of this worked in our case.
Client was informed and as they also didn't found solution, they agreed to accept files with this issue as these formulas are also in the video.

Best regards,
Michaela

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

To put subscript to srt

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »