BeatriceRadi
BeatriceRadi
Italy
Local time: 18:15
English to Italian
+ ...
Jul 16, 2018

Hi everyone!

I have used Smartcat for quite a while for translation, but I have now been asked to carry on a post-editing project. I know Smartcat allows you to pre-translated your file by using MT, but I can't find a way to do it.

I've created a new project and under "advanced settings", I cannot select "machine translation" because it says "to use the pretranslation rules, enable 'Use Machine Translation' in the Settings". Does anyone know what that means/or how to f
... See more
Hi everyone!

I have used Smartcat for quite a while for translation, but I have now been asked to carry on a post-editing project. I know Smartcat allows you to pre-translated your file by using MT, but I can't find a way to do it.

I've created a new project and under "advanced settings", I cannot select "machine translation" because it says "to use the pretranslation rules, enable 'Use Machine Translation' in the Settings". Does anyone know what that means/or how to fix it?

Thanks a lot!
Collapse

Hee jung Cho

BeatriceRadi
BeatriceRadi
Italy
Local time: 18:15
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Anyone? Jul 26, 2018

?

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

How do I enable MT on Smartcat?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »