Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
In MemoQ 8.4, how do I move on row by row in the view Resolve errors and warnings of QA of files?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 18:24
Danish to English
+ ...
Select the server Oct 17, 2018

Fredrik Pettersson wrote:

I'd like to revert and get back the long list with TMs I had before so I can put a checkmark for the two cloud TMs I used. But the view is completely empty now after I added my own local TM. How can I get back the long list with TMs I had before?

There is a field somewhere upper right where you can select the server. Click on the tick mark next to it after selecting it. Then you should see the TMs from that server.

Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 19:24
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Fast internet and low CPU usage Oct 17, 2018

I run a speedtest now, and it shows 44 Mbps for download, and CPU usage shows less than 5 percent. So it must be something with the server.

Thomas T. Frost
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Or disk I/O Oct 17, 2018

Fredrik Pettersson wrote:

I run a speedtest now, and it shows 44 Mbps for download, and CPU usage shows less than 5 percent. So it must be something with the server.

Upload is more than enough.

What's the upload speed? Probably enough. And your disk I/O rate?

But if you cut the server resources out, you say you still have a performance problem. This is not obvious.

Fredrik Pettersson
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Upload speed 16 Mpbs Oct 17, 2018

Upload speed is not bad either at 16 Mpbs. I think I can check disk I/O rate in Task Manager but am uncertain how.

Anyway, the project manager said she will get back later to me, so the best for me now would be to just leave this for a while and go on with my reviewing (this was a partial QA for the first two of a total of seven batches). But I already unchecked the checkboxes for the two server TMs I have, and now the TM list for my project is empty. How do I revert everything and
... See more
Upload speed is not bad either at 16 Mpbs. I think I can check disk I/O rate in Task Manager but am uncertain how.

Anyway, the project manager said she will get back later to me, so the best for me now would be to just leave this for a while and go on with my reviewing (this was a partial QA for the first two of a total of seven batches). But I already unchecked the checkboxes for the two server TMs I have, and now the TM list for my project is empty. How do I revert everything and get back the long list with TMs for this project (with only two TMs's checkboxes marked, the two server TMs)?
Collapse

Fredrik Pettersson
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I have the server selected already, still empty TM list Oct 17, 2018

On this empty view for translation memories I go to upper right part of the window, and it's already selected the correct server. I click on the green checkmark but still empty on the page. Only in Resource console I can see these two server TMs displayed together with a lot of other TMs.

Thomas T. Frost
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
TMs Oct 17, 2018

If you are referring to server TMs and you can't see them even when selecting the server and clicking on the tick mark, I would ask the agency.

If you are referring to TMs on your own computer, you may need to select your own computer in the server list.

In Windows 10, you can right-click on the header line in Task Manager and select the columns you want.

In Windows 7, you need to go to the Performance tab and click on the Resource Monitor in the lower righ
... See more
If you are referring to server TMs and you can't see them even when selecting the server and clicking on the tick mark, I would ask the agency.

If you are referring to TMs on your own computer, you may need to select your own computer in the server list.

In Windows 10, you can right-click on the header line in Task Manager and select the columns you want.

In Windows 7, you need to go to the Performance tab and click on the Resource Monitor in the lower right part of the screen, as the Task Manager itself cannot display disk I/O rate.

I'm afraid I have no further suggestions. We seem to have exhausted everything.
Collapse

Fredrik Pettersson
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The TMs are displayed again Oct 17, 2018

I restarted MemoQ and then clicked several times on the green checkmark for the server. Empty on servers for a long time. Then suddenly all TMs that were displayed earlier now turned up again. Could be something with the routes to the server from my location, even though I am in Sweden now.

Thomas T. Frost
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Server TMs Oct 17, 2018

Server TMs are always a bit slow to show up, but if it's so difficult to get a list, there could be a server problem, as already discussed.

Fredrik Pettersson
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Access denied Oct 17, 2018

Just a slight problem before I can continue with the reviewing: I get access denied in the Review view in MemoQ when trying to confirm a segment into the memory:

Failed to add entry to the translation memory.
The segment appears as confirmed in your document,
but it has NOT been stored in the translation memory!

Access denied.

But it says Status active for that server for me as user. So I don't understand, if I am active on that server, why do I
... See more
Just a slight problem before I can continue with the reviewing: I get access denied in the Review view in MemoQ when trying to confirm a segment into the memory:

Failed to add entry to the translation memory.
The segment appears as confirmed in your document,
but it has NOT been stored in the translation memory!

Access denied.

But it says Status active for that server for me as user. So I don't understand, if I am active on that server, why do I get access denied suddenly?

[Edited at 2018-10-17 12:51 GMT]
Collapse

Thomas T. Frost
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Server Oct 17, 2018

Also sounds like a server problem.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

In MemoQ 8.4, how do I move on row by row in the view Resolve errors and warnings of QA of files?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »