What is an "ens" tag?
Thread poster: Anthony Rudd
Anthony Rudd
Anthony Rudd

Local time: 07:52
German to English
+ ...
Oct 18, 2018

Is there a list of the meaning of the tags used in memoq? In particular, the "ens" tag.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Anthony Oct 18, 2018

Anthony Rudd wrote:
Is there a list of the meaning of the tags used in MemoQ?

A quick google got me (a non-MemoQ user) this:
https://help.memoq.com/8-5/en/Things/things-tags.html
Is that useful for you?

In particular, the "ens" tag.

Do I interpret the above web page correctly to mean that the "ens" tag would be what MemoQ calls an "inline" XML tag (which in MemoQ speek appears to mean it's an XML non-block-level tag), i.e. a tag that exists in the source file and which does not have any special meaning or interpretation in MemoQ? If so, then you next question should be: what is the source file format, and what does an "ens" tag mean in that format?

Anthony Rudd
Anthony Rudd

German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
"ens" tag Oct 18, 2018

Thanks Samuel

You brought me onto the correct track. An "ens" tag would appear to be an "enSpace" tag from Framemaker.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What is an "ens" tag?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »