Elvira Schmid
Elvira Schmid  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 10:57
English to German
Nov 8, 2018

Only the best is good enough

Hi,
I received xml files from the client, imported them in memoQ, they were translated using SDL Trados Studio, and the then imported into the project. Now, when exporting the files into the saved path, the source shows the English translation instead of the German source and the "trans-unit" is empty

Does anyone know how to solve this problem with the export?

Thanks

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 05:57
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Clarify workflow Nov 8, 2018

The workflow you describe is not too clear. Had they been translated in SDL Trados Studio before importing into MemoQ?

XML files can cover a lot of things.

MemoQ has some help at https://help.memoq.com/8-4/en/Places/xml-extensible-markup-language.html

Elvira Schmid
Elvira Schmid  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 10:57
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Workflow Nov 8, 2018

Hi John,

yes they have been translated in Studio, I imported the Studio export and updated the xlf files that I had imported beforehand, the files that I received from the client.
I worked around in the meantime by creating a new project and importing the original files with a xlm filter setting, pre-translated from the TM and due to the new segmentation had to update a few segments from the TM.
The export now contains the source and target text correctly, but it took a
... See more
Hi John,

yes they have been translated in Studio, I imported the Studio export and updated the xlf files that I had imported beforehand, the files that I received from the client.
I worked around in the meantime by creating a new project and importing the original files with a xlm filter setting, pre-translated from the TM and due to the new segmentation had to update a few segments from the TM.
The export now contains the source and target text correctly, but it took a lot of time.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

After export translation shows up in "source"

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »