Local time: 19:47
Member (2010)
German to English
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Jan 27, 2019

All,

I am using memoQ 7.8.4.
On a recent job, a customer sent me a *.sdlppx file, which I imported using the "Import Package" function. The customer had packaged two *.docx files and a TM.
However, while one of the two *.docx files imported correctly, the other one failed to import. The error message read: '10' is an unexpected token, The expected token is "" or "". Line 1, position 10.
At the time, I didn’t understand what this meant and my customer's project m
... See more
All,

I am using memoQ 7.8.4.
On a recent job, a customer sent me a *.sdlppx file, which I imported using the "Import Package" function. The customer had packaged two *.docx files and a TM.
However, while one of the two *.docx files imported correctly, the other one failed to import. The error message read: '10' is an unexpected token, The expected token is "" or "". Line 1, position 10.
At the time, I didn’t understand what this meant and my customer's project manager didn't know what to do either. As a result, after translating the one *.docx file that imported correctly, I was not able to export a *.sdlrpx package. Instead, the 'Export (stored path)' and 'Export Dialog' options both created a *.docx file.

I have since found this thread (https://bel.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/191768-unexpected_token.html) and have concluded that the 'unexpected token ' error comes from SDL and should have been resolved in the source *.docx file before creating the *.sdlppx. Is this correct?

I probably should have never accepted the job until the PM had fixed this error.

A related question is:
When I used the 'Export Bilingual - option memoQ XLIFF [Plain XLIFF for other tools]' option, MemoQ created a *. mqxliff file, that the PM could not open.
Why is a supposedly 'plain XLIFF for other tools', named *. mqxliff? Could it be converted to a truly 'plain' XLIFF that the PM can open in SDL?

Any comments are highly welcome.

Thank you,

Peter

[Edited at 2019-01-28 12:18 GMT]
Collapse

Andriy Yasharov
Andriy Yasharov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 10:47
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
extension .xlf is needed Jan 27, 2019

Peter Zauner wrote:

Could to be converted to a truly 'plain' XLIFF that the PM can open in SDL?

When using 'Export Bilingual - option memoQ XLIFF' save your file with extension .xlf instead of *. mqxliff or change the file extension after the export. Then Studio will be able to open that file.

[Edited at 2019-01-27 13:57 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

'unexpected token ' error during *.sdlppx import

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »