Spela Groselj
Spela Groselj  Identity Verified
Slovenia
Local time: 14:50
Spanish to Slovenian
+ ...
Apr 8, 2021

Hi!

I am having troubles importing certain columns from the Excell sheet to my MemoQ. I have selected the columns which I wish to import: B column as a source text and C column would be my translation text. Here comes the problem: I can select the "Translation", but MemoQ doesn't save it. Therefore, it doesn't import the document as there is no "Translation" column.

Tomasz Sienicki
Tomasz Sienicki  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2007)
Danish to Polish
+ ...
Indicate the source column Apr 8, 2021

Remember that after specifying “Meaning of selected column” as “Translation” you have to indicate the source column in the “For column” drop-down list.

HTH.

Spela Groselj
Slovenia
Spanish to Slovenian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
When selecting "Translation" the option "source coulmn" remains locked. Apr 8, 2021

Thank you Tomasz,

I have tried this, but it doesn't give me an option. If I select "Context", "Source Text" or basically anything else, it works just fine. The only thing it doesn't let me select is the "Translation".

I have also tried another option: basic 2 language text, but the Excell file is locked, therefore it just imports the first sheet.

Tomasz Sienicki
Tomasz Sienicki  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2007)
Danish to Polish
+ ...
Works for me Apr 8, 2021

I use this filter several times a month and it simply works. You must be making some basic mistake. Please have a look at the instruction at https://docs.memoq.com/current/en/Places/multilingual-excel-and-delimit.html

Good luck!

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 16:50
English to Russian
screenshot Apr 8, 2021

First you say: I can select the "Translation"
Then you say: The only thing it doesn't let me select is the "Translation".
Which one of these statements is correct?
You should select B and mark it as Source text. Then you select C and mark it as Translation/For column B/Target language.
What is a 'basic 2 language text'? Which Excell file is locked (and where)?
Can you attach a screenshot?

[Edited at 2021-04-08 22:22 GMT]

Spela Groselj
Slovenia
Spanish to Slovenian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Screenshhot Apr 9, 2021

Stepan Konev wrote:

First you say: I can select the "Translation"
Then you say: The only thing it doesn't let me select is the "Translation".
Which one of these statements is correct?
You should select B and mark it as Source text. Then you select C and mark it as Translation/For column B/Target language.
What is a 'basic 2 language text'? Which Excell file is locked (and where)?
Can you attach a screenshot?

[Edited at 2021-04-08 22:22 GMT]

Hi!

Thank you! I have solved it.

Alternatively, I tried to import it as a bilingual document, where you have an option to say: all columns B are "Source Text" and all columns C are "Translation". In this case, it imported just the first sheet. When I checked the Excell, if it's possible to save every sheet as a separate document, I noticed that this was not an option, as the document was protected for this kind of changes.

[Edited at 2021-04-09 05:45 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ Multilingual Excell Import Problems

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »