Quoting interpreter rates (Spanish to English)
Thread poster: Ana Ortega (X)
Ana Ortega (X)
Ana Ortega (X)
Local time: 03:04
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 21, 2019

Hi,

I normally work as a translator but I was just offered my first gig as an interpreter and I have no idea how much I should charge this client.

The job would be for 3 full days in a city and 1/2 day in another, interpreting from Spanish to English for a film’s crew. I would have to travel to both cities. It is a video shoot in Spain for a documentary. The client would cover my travel expenses, but other than that I have no idea how much I should charge (taking my
... See more
Hi,

I normally work as a translator but I was just offered my first gig as an interpreter and I have no idea how much I should charge this client.

The job would be for 3 full days in a city and 1/2 day in another, interpreting from Spanish to English for a film’s crew. I would have to travel to both cities. It is a video shoot in Spain for a documentary. The client would cover my travel expenses, but other than that I have no idea how much I should charge (taking my freelance taxes into account). Should I charge for travel time? I don’t know what the industry standards are, so I want to make sure I am being fairly compensated if I take this job. Thanks!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Quoting interpreter rates (Spanish to English)

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »