OmegaT - Critical error (javax.xml.bind.unmarshalexception)
Thread poster: ikskoks
ikskoks
ikskoks
Poland
Local time: 00:47
Jun 8, 2013

Hello. Something is wrong with my OmegaT project. I wanted to translate old game to polish,i loaded english script to OmegaT and translated almost everything but critical error showed up on my screen.

Nie można odczytać pliku projektu!

javax.xml.bind.UnmarshalException
- with linked exception:
... See more
Hello. Something is wrong with my OmegaT project. I wanted to translate old game to polish,i loaded english script to OmegaT and translated almost everything but critical error showed up on my screen.

Nie można odczytać pliku projektu!

javax.xml.bind.UnmarshalException
- with linked exception:
[org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is not allowed in prolog.]

You can download my project folder with OmegaT files from here:
ikskoks.grajpopolsku.pl/Spyro3OmegaT.rar

If you download it and open in OmegaT, you will see that project can't be opened and edited because this error shows up...

Can you help me, please?
I really don't want to loose that translated text ;(
Collapse

Susan Welsh
Susan Welsh  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:47
Russian to English
+ ...
I made a new document Jun 8, 2013

from your source file and your TM, and will send it to you through your profile. I don't know what went wrong, but I suggest that you send queries of this nature to the OmegaT yahoo group, since many more expert people respond there.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/OmegaT/

Susan

[Edited at 2013-06-08 13:55 GMT]

ikskoks
ikskoks
Poland
TOPIC STARTER
OmegaT - Critical error (javax.xml.bind.unmarshalexception) Jun 8, 2013

Someone found a way to solve my problem in OmegaT yahoo group:

Your omegat.project is brocken. Recreate the project with the
proper settings and either put you /omegat/project_save.tmx and /source
from the old project into the new, or replace old omegat.project with a
newly created one. Open the project after that.

Thank you anyway

Colin Brayton
Colin Brayton  Identity Verified
Arabic to English
+ ...
You saved my life Sep 14, 2013

Your omegat.project is brocken. Recreate the project with the
proper settings and either put you /omegat/project_save.tmx and /source
from the old project into the new, or replace old omegat.project with a
newly created one. Open the project after that.

This advice turned out to be very sound. I thank you mightily.

Kieran Maynard (X)
Kieran Maynard (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
How did this happen? Jan 3, 2014

I have the same problem but I can't figure it out. I have a project_save.tmx and a project_save.tmx.bak file in there and it's still corrupted even when I copy them into a new project.

More importantly, how did this happen in the first place? What did I do wrong to corrupt my file, so I can avoid doing it in the future?

Thanks!

Didier Briel
Didier Briel  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
The issue is omegat.project Jan 4, 2014

Kieran Maynard wrote:
I have the same problem but I can't figure it out. I have a project_save.tmx and a project_save.tmx.bak file in there and it's still corrupted even when I copy them into a new project.

Read the comments above. The issue is most likely with omegat.project, not project_save.tmx.

More importantly, how did this happen in the first place? What did I do wrong to corrupt my file, so I can avoid doing it in the future?

We have only one report from someone where we know how it happened. He was rebooting his computer without closing OmegaT first.

Didier

alex077
alex077
Local time: 01:47
English to Russian
+ ...
The same problem can't be fixed. Jan 7, 2017

The same problem. OmegaT 3.6.0, update 3. Opening a project leads to the same error. The error window also shows "[project file name], lineNumber: 1; columnNumber: 1; Content is not allowed in prolog". After creating a new project, closing the program and re-opening the project, the same error appears. But, on another computer the same files are opened without problems. So the problem seems to be not in the project files. What can this be - some OS bugs?

[Edited at 2017-01-07 14:00 GMT]

Didier Briel
France
English to French
+ ...
Check the location Jan 9, 2017

alex077 wrote:
The same problem. OmegaT 3.6.0, update 3. Opening a project leads to the same error. The error window also shows "[project file name], lineNumber: 1; columnNumber: 1; Content is not allowed in prolog". After creating a new project, closing the program and re-opening the project, the same error appears. But, on another computer the same files are opened without problems. So the problem seems to be not in the project files. What can this be - some OS bugs?

[Edited at 2017-01-07 14:00 GMT]

Where are you creating your projects?

It could be at some location where you don't have full permissions.

Didier

alex077
alex077
English to Russian
+ ...
Do you mean administrator rights on a PC? Jan 28, 2017

Didier Briel wrote:

Do you mean a PC where I don't have administrator rights? I use a PC with full permissions.
And no project can be opened, no matter where it was created: on this PC, or on several another computers where everything works.
The projects seem to be OK, they can be opened on other computers. Something's wrong with the software (the program or OS), or perhaps the hardware.

Didier Briel
France
English to French
+ ...
Since Windows Vista, there are locations where you don't have full permissions Jan 29, 2017

alex077 wrote:

Didier Briel wrote:

Do you mean a PC where I don't have administrator rights? I use a PC with full permissions.

Since Windows Vista, there are locations where you don't have full permissions. E.g., Program Files.

And no project can be opened, no matter where it was created: on this PC, or on several another computers where everything works.

Have you tried opening a project on the Desktop, or in My Documents?

Didier

alex077
alex077
English to Russian
+ ...
No, it were normal directories. Jan 30, 2017

Didier Briel wrote:
Since Windows Vista, there are locations where you don't have full permissions. E.g., Program Files.
Didier

Of course, no, I created and tried to open projects in normal directories, not even on a system disk.
It was the same in two operation systems installed on this PC - Windows XP SP 3 and Windows 7.

Didier Briel
France
English to French
+ ...
Try OmegaT on USB Jan 30, 2017

alex077 wrote:
Didier Briel wrote:
Didier

Of course, no, I created and tried to open projects in normal directories, not even on a system disk.
It was the same in two operation systems installed on this PC - Windows XP SP 3 and Windows 7.

To try to understand whether the issue is with OmegaT or the system, you can try putting OmegaT on a USB media (OmegaT doesn't have to be installed.)
Once you can open projects successfully with it on the computer where it works, use the same USB media on the computer where it fails. If it fails again, the issue is more likely to be with the system.

You can also install a project on the USB media, and see whether you can open it on both computers.

Didier

Renata Fernandes
Renata Fernandes
Brazil
Local time: 20:47
English to Portuguese
You've saved my life Dec 8, 2017

Thank you so much. I can't thank you enough. My computer crashed and I had no idea of what to do next.

Érika da Silveira Batista
Érika da Silveira Batista  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 20:47
Russian to Portuguese
+ ...
I had the same problem Jan 25, 2018

The computer rebooted on its own, so I had no time to close the program. Yet I think the error only appeared because I had changed the preferences, because while I kept the original settings, the computer rebooted the same way and it didn't corrupt the project file.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

OmegaT - Critical error (javax.xml.bind.unmarshalexception)

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »