Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 22:47
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
May I ask you why do you want to do this? Aug 29, 2007

You are using your profile for asking, but you have no valid email address so you do not get any notifications and you cannot be contacted. Maybe you would better edit the data in your profile?

Natalia
Moderator of the En>Ru pair

William [Bill] Gray
William [Bill] Gray  Identity Verified
Norway
Member (2006)
English
+ ...
Now why would you want to do that? Aug 29, 2007

Sonyynos020 wrote:

how to delete my profile from proz.com?

I think ProZ.com is one of the best things I have ever been a part of, and it has certainly helped me get more work, and I have made a lot of new friends.

I hope you will change your mind, and not leave us. Give us a little more information about yourself and we will enjoy having a new active member. You will undoubtedly be of value to your language pair by being able to answer KudoZ questions, as well as asking them. You can quite likely make some very good contributions to our forums, and offer support for the questions others provide for their fellow translators.

Welcome....

Bill

Jørgen Madsen
Jørgen Madsen  Identity Verified
English to Danish
+ ...
Why not just answer the question? Aug 29, 2007

Somes times when people ask a very simple question, people fail to answer and try to convince the asker to do what the answerer think they should do. Honestly, I think that is a lack of respect.

If this person wants to delete his/her profile, and has good reason to do so, why not just help the person instead of convincing him/her not to? Why not just respect this persons wish? Why do people have to justify such a choice?

See more
Somes times when people ask a very simple question, people fail to answer and try to convince the asker to do what the answerer think they should do. Honestly, I think that is a lack of respect.

If this person wants to delete his/her profile, and has good reason to do so, why not just help the person instead of convincing him/her not to? Why not just respect this persons wish? Why do people have to justify such a choice?

Jørgen
Collapse

Natascha Rank (X)
khara
Muhammad Fatih (X)
Chiara04 (X)

Harry Bornemann
Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 15:47
English to German
+ ...
Why answer? Aug 29, 2007

Jørgen Madsen wrote:
Why not just answer the question?

Good idea, but it seems you forgot something..

( Answer deleted )

Ok, I don't want to be the only answerer in a row of askers,
maybe you all have your reasons..

[Edited at 2007-08-30 07:32]

Kunik
Kunik  Identity Verified
English to Latvian
+ ...
There can be many reasons... Aug 29, 2007

I, for instance, can mention at least five. However, I do not think a person with more than 300 asked questions and precisely zero answers would be a loss for the community. Hmm.

Steven Capsuto
Steven Capsuto  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:47
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Indeed, why not just answer? Aug 30, 2007

This seems to be an increasing problem with online services. I used to subscribe to one of the fax-via-email services, and had the darnest time getting them to cancel my account. The sales rep wasted a solid ten minutes of my time trying to convince me to stay with the service. I finally threatened to refer the matter to my credit card company, and that did the trick. I've had similar problems with ISPs, web portals, etc.

[Edited at 2007-08-30 00:34]

Natascha Rank (X)

Yolanda Broad
Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:47
Member (2000)
French to English
+ ...

In case you cannot access your profile page to remove it Aug 30, 2007

Please submit a support request via the "Support" tab at the top of all ProZ.com pages.

Anne Patteet
Anne Patteet  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:47
English to French
+ ...
That is so true Aug 30, 2007

Steven Capsuto wrote:

This seems to be an increasing problem with online services. I used to subscribe to one of the fax-via-email services, and had the darnest time getting them to cancel my account. The sales rep wasted a solid ten minutes of my time trying to convince me to stay with the service. I finally threatened to refer the matter to my credit card company, and that did the trick. I've had similar problems with ISPs, web portals, etc.

[Edited at 2007-08-30 00:34]

You are being offered this and that for a minimum of ten minutes and don't even have a chance to answer anything, or they make you answer what they need to hear. :-[

Let's let people do what they think they should do as long as they don't harm anyone.

Jørgen Madsen
Jørgen Madsen  Identity Verified
English to Danish
+ ...
For one simply reason... Aug 30, 2007

Harry Bornemann wrote:
Good idea, but it seems you forgot something..

I don't know the answer to the question and besides it wasn't the point with my post.

Jørgen

Marijke Singer
Marijke Singer  Identity Verified
Spain
Dutch to English
+ ...
Remove account Aug 30, 2007

This is the option you want. On your ProZ page right at the bottom.

Sonyynos020 (X)
Sonyynos020 (X)
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
OK Aug 30, 2007

Sorry for not answering during long period of time.
Ok, I will not remove my account.

Thanks for you answers.
Topic is closed!

Monika Coulson
Monika Coulson  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:47
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Giving the asker all the choices Aug 30, 2007

Steven Capsuto wrote:
Indeed, why not just answer?

Sometimes the asker does not know all the option that are in store for him. (For example, they want to remove a profile because they have forgotten their password and can no longer access it..., or maybe they want to edit their profile and do not know how to do it, so they would rather create a new one.) That is why they are given/told all the options and then they are free to choose. Even in this case, the asker (Sonyynos020) changed his mind, after knowing his options.

Cheers,

Monika

[Edited at 2007-08-30 15:47]

Ivette Camargo López
Ivette Camargo López  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Good answer, Monika Aug 30, 2007

Monika Coulson wrote:

Steven Capsuto wrote:
Indeed, why not just answer?

Sometimes the asker does not know all the options that are in store for him. (For example, they want to remove a profile because they have forgotten their password and can no longer access it..., or maybe they want to edit their profile and do not know how to do it, so they would rather create a new one.) That is why they are given/told all the options and then they are free to choose. Even in this case, the asker (Sonyynos020) changed his mind, after knowing his options.

Cheers,

Monika

It's often funny how sometimes we can all get "suspicious" about a reply or an answer (not only in a forum, but also, for example, in customer assistance hotlines or Help Desks), when in fact, like you wisely said, there may be numerous options to be taken into account when interpreting things. Of course, companies will always try to "retain" customers, but dealing with customers' complaints or questions is definitely not an easy job.

Best,

Ivette

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Poster already removed her profile
Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

how to delete my profile from proz.com?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »