For matters related to payments, access to training sessions and technical issues, please submit a support request for faster assistance.
Starting your translator's career

This discussion belongs to ProZ.com training » "Starting your translator's career".
You can see the ProZ.com training page and participate in this discussion from there.

Akihiko Takeda
Akihiko Takeda  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:55
English to Japanese
+ ...
Technical issues audibley and visually Dec 26, 2018

Contents are not that bad but this 6-year old video needs technical upgrade or drastic modification. Some portion, her voice goes too quickly like forwarding and some area is too long pause due to the material's ages.
Words on the PowerPoint is too blur and too small to read. Also they are too wordy and lengthy. Not so impressed at all.
Reading the wordy context is not so easy while listening to foreign accent English.
I don't know why most of viewers give 4 or 5 stars maybe beca
... See more
Contents are not that bad but this 6-year old video needs technical upgrade or drastic modification. Some portion, her voice goes too quickly like forwarding and some area is too long pause due to the material's ages.
Words on the PowerPoint is too blur and too small to read. Also they are too wordy and lengthy. Not so impressed at all.
Reading the wordy context is not so easy while listening to foreign accent English.
I don't know why most of viewers give 4 or 5 stars maybe because they viewed when it was still new.
I can hardly recommend this (3 stars) for follow translation starters. I will purchase other similar video by Oleg Ludavin.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Helen Shepelenko[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Starting your translator's career

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »