Pilar Dueñas
Pilar Dueñas  Identity Verified
Costa Rica
Local time: 08:41
Spanish to English
+ ...
Apr 28, 2021

Dear forum,

I have two more questions for those of you who have done SDH subtitles for Netflix.

1. I've been told to use BrEn spelling and punctuation for British films, can anybody confirm, please?

2. How many Speaker IDs need for long sentences. For example:

a) We can see Joe at the beginning of a sentence but then the shot changes. Do I need Speaker IDs for the next subtitles where we cannot see him?
b) We cannot see Joe in the
... See more
Dear forum,

I have two more questions for those of you who have done SDH subtitles for Netflix.

1. I've been told to use BrEn spelling and punctuation for British films, can anybody confirm, please?

2. How many Speaker IDs need for long sentences. For example:

a) We can see Joe at the beginning of a sentence but then the shot changes. Do I need Speaker IDs for the next subtitles where we cannot see him?
b) We cannot see Joe in the first subtitle of a sentence, so I use a Speaker ID. Do I need ID for the next subtitles and for subsequent sentences where we still cannot see him?
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Netflix SDH subtitles --speaker IDs in long sentences, Br or Am spelling

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »