Ramunas Kontrimas
Ramunas Kontrimas  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 01:19
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
Feb 22, 2018

Hi,

Does anyone know of a simple and free text analysis tool that would break down the text into the most often used phrases and words. When I translate something technical and big, it would save time knowing beforehand which phrases, like process names or machinery unit names consisting of 3-4 words will be repeated throughout the text, so that I could automate my translation a bit.

Thanks

DZiW (X)
DZiW (X)
Ukraine
English to Russian
+ ...
https://www.wordfast.net/wiki/PlusTools Feb 22, 2018

A free Plustool add-on for MS Word should do, and almost any frequency analysis software.

Zuzana Greksakova
Zuzana Greksakova  Identity Verified
Slovakia
Local time: 00:19
Member (2016)
English to Slovak
+ ...
AntConc Feb 22, 2018

Hi there,

I'm sure there are many but when I did corpus analysis for my PhD., I used AntConc. It's very user friendly, works with .txt files and you can easily extract a word list or the most frequent clusters of words (n-grams).

http://www.laurenceanthony.net/software/antconc/

Cheers,
Zuzana

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

text analysis

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »