Susana Galilea
Susana Galilea  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:48
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 23, 2003

Hello all,

I am curious to hear from colleagues with experience in the field of voiceover supervision as to what would be a reasonable scale of hourly rates for that type of work.

In the past I have done plenty of voiceover supervision, and set what I considered reasonable rates. However, unlike with translation rates, I have never had a chance to compare notes with other colleagues.

I would appreciate any feedback you might be able to provide.

... See more
Hello all,

I am curious to hear from colleagues with experience in the field of voiceover supervision as to what would be a reasonable scale of hourly rates for that type of work.

In the past I have done plenty of voiceover supervision, and set what I considered reasonable rates. However, unlike with translation rates, I have never had a chance to compare notes with other colleagues.

I would appreciate any feedback you might be able to provide.

Cheers,
Susana
Collapse

Linda Mikačić
Linda Mikačić
Local time: 04:48
English to Croatian
+ ...
voiceover rate Jun 24, 2003

Hi Susana,
According to the AFTRA (American Federation of Television and Radio Artists), the first hour of voiceover is paid $346 and $101 for ea additional half-hour. At least that's what I got a year ago. You should check AFTRA's website and see the newest rates for supervision. Also, not every agency or company is a Union member, therefore their prices need not be the same...
HTH,
Linda

Susana Galilea
Susana Galilea  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:48
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No rates mentioned Jul 8, 2003

Linda Mika�i� wrote:

Hi Susana,
According to the AFTRA (American Federation of Television and Radio Artists), the first hour of voiceover is paid $346 and $101 for ea additional half-hour. At least that's what I got a year ago. You should check AFTRA's website and see the newest rates for supervision. Also, not every agency or company is a Union member, therefore their prices need not be the same...
HTH,
Linda

Thanks for the suggestion, Linda. I do not see any rates mentioned for supervision, only those corresponding to the voiceover talent. Am I missing something?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Kristina Radziulyte[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

voiceover supervision rates

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »