How much should I charge for the 20 second-long voice-over for the radio com-l for major corporation
Thread poster: Zhanna Rohalska
Zhanna Rohalska
Zhanna Rohalska
United States
Local time: 22:32
English to Russian
+ ...
Jun 29, 2004

I am new to this kind of job. Could smb tell me how much could I charge? This is a big financial company. Or give me some links where I could find out about this.
Regards Zhanna

Juan Jacob
Juan Jacob  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 20:32
French to Spanish
+ ...
In my opinion, from Mexico. Jun 29, 2004

Any kind of voice-over for radio, U$D 350 for 6 months. After that, you should charge royalties. I'm talking about Mexico. If for U.S.A., quite more, obviously.
Luck.

Kevin Fulton
Kevin Fulton  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:32
German to English
Charge for 3-hour minimum Jun 29, 2004

Decide what you want to make for an hour's work. Then charge a 3-hour minimum. This is not unusual for voice-over work. It will take you longer than 20 seconds to record this, plus travel time, etc.
Kevin

Fuad Yahya
Fuad Yahya  Identity Verified
Arabic
+ ...
A link to my voiceover rates Jun 30, 2004

convaliya wrote:

give me some links where I could find out about this.

Here is a link to my voiceover rates:

http://www.arabicfreelance.com/voicerate.html

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Kristina Radziulyte[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How much should I charge for the 20 second-long voice-over for the radio com-l for major corporation

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »