Transfer my WordFast Pro 5 data to new laptop
Thread poster: kamilruziev1
kamilruziev1
kamilruziev1
Uzbekistan
May 5, 2021

Hi there guys!
I've been using my old laptop for 3 years now, and I have my licenced WFP5 with all my MT, TM, Glossaries etc. data on it. I bought a new laptop, and I don't know how can I transfer all my WFP5 data to the new one, so that I can continue working on my unfinished projects from my new laptop.
Has anyone had a similar experience in the past? Please give me your advice. Thank you!

[Edited at 2021-05-05 01:00 GMT]

Wolfgang Schoene
Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 19:37
English to German
+ ...
Transfer my WordFast Pro 5 data to new laptop May 5, 2021

kamilruziev1 wrote:

Hi there guys!
I've been using my old laptop for 3 years now, and I have my licenced WFP5 with all my MT, TM, Glossaries etc. data on it. I bought a new laptop, and I don't know how can I transfer all my WFP5 data to the new one, so that I can continue working on my unfinished projects from my new laptop.
Has anyone had a similar experience in the past? Please give me your advice. Thank you!

[Edited at 2021-05-05 01:00 GMT]

Hi
I simply copied all the folders (memories, terminology, projects) to an external SSD and reinstalled WFP6. When using a project again, just change the path to folders.

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 19:37
Member (2006)
French to English
See this wiki article May 6, 2021

This article should be helpful: https://www.wordfast.net/wiki/Changing_Machines_in_Wordfast_Pro

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Transfer my WordFast Pro 5 data to new laptop

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »