Susan Welsh
Susan Welsh  Identity Verified
Statele Unite
Local time: 23:02
din rusă în engleză
+ ...
Jul 25, 2008

ProZ.com to offer Connect platform for use in 100+ language project

Toronto, Canada – July 21, 2008 - ACCU Translations, a leading provider of translation and localization services since 1975, will be funding and managing the translation of www.seatofthesoul.com, the Web site of Gary Zukav and his Seat of the Soul Institute, into over 100 languages

I am baffled by this press release, posted on the home page. It sounds like ProZ is giving some kind of support to a specific, ideology-driven, kook project. Reading the press release, I can't figure out exactly what ProZ is doing, why, and what benefit it is supposed to provide to members.

Somebody please explain.

Susan

Marina Soldati
Marina Soldati  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 00:02
Membru (2005)
din engleză în spaniolă
+ ...
Previous thread Jul 25, 2008

SusanWelsh wrote:

ProZ.com to offer Connect platform for use in 100+ language project

Toronto, Canada – July 21, 2008 - ACCU Translations, a leading provider of translation and localization services since 1975, will be funding and managing the translation of www.seatofthesoul.com, the Web site of Gary Zukav and his Seat of the Soul Institute, into over 100 languages

I am baffled by this press release, posted on the home page. It sounds like ProZ is giving some kind of support to a specific, ideology-driven, kook project. Reading the press release, I can't figure out exactly what ProZ is doing, why, and what benefit it is supposed to provide to members.

Somebody please explain.

Susan

Hi Susan!

There is a previous thread where Henry explained what this was about. May be you want to do a search for it.

Regards,
Marina

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spania
Local time: 05:02
Membru (2005)
din engleză în spaniolă
+ ...
Previous thread Jul 25, 2008

Here it is. Cheers!

Susan Welsh
Susan Welsh  Identity Verified
Statele Unite
Local time: 23:02
din rusă în engleză
+ ...
INIŢIATORUL SUBIECTULUI
Found it, thanks Jul 25, 2008

Sorry I missed it. After reading the previous thread, I don't get it much better than I did before, however.
(For some reason, after Marina's post, I did a forum search for poster "Henry D"
"Henry" and "Henry-" -- and couldn't find it. Eventually, somehow, it came up. Ongoing saga of my love affair with computers.)
Susan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The "Seat" of Whose "Soul"? Press release unclear

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »