Thread poster: lien
lien
lien
Netherlands
Local time: 22:56
English to French
+ ...
Dec 5, 2003

Is it possible to pay membership, directory ads placing to Proz with a direct bank transfer via BIC / IBAN ?

It is very common in Europe now, you make all your bank transactions via internet,so easy and simple.

You do not know the direct bank transfer in america ?

Lien

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
IBAN/BIC payments are possible Dec 5, 2003

Hi lien,
lien wrote:

Is it possible to pay membership, directory ads placing to Proz with a direct bank transfer via BIC / IBAN ?

It's definitely possible for membership payments - simply choose the Wire Transfer (euros) option in step 2 of the Platinum purchase process. I would need to check how text ads are handled.

HTH, Ralf

lien
lien
Netherlands
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I see Dec 5, 2003

How could I miss that yesterday when I was looking at some offers on Proz ?

Indeed, so easy, no fuss with check or paypal or others.

Thank you

lorette
lorette  Identity Verified
France
German to French
+ ...
Definitely NOT possible Jun 22, 2009

"Payment by wire transfer is currently unavailable"

Answer given by the site staff:
I'm afraid that the local payment contact who previously handled Euro wire transfers has decided to no longer act in this role. Thus, this option has been made temporarily unavailable until a new local payment contact can be established.

My answer:
Not to the advantage of Proz...

Michaela Müller
Michaela Müller
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Indeed: Definitely not to the advantage of Proz. Sep 11, 2009

lorette wrote:

"Payment by wire transfer is currently unavailable"

Answer given by the site staff:
I'm afraid that the local payment contact who previously handled Euro wire transfers has decided to no longer act in this role. Thus, this option has been made temporarily unavailable until a new local payment contact can be established.

It would have saved me lots of hassle if they had shown that info on the renewal page ...
I recently renewed my membership by paying via bank transfer - and I wasn't shown the info Lorette is citing. So I did a SEPA transfer to a Madrid account as requested, the payment was later processed my ProZ.com and I also received an invoice.

Just yesterday, the money bounced back to my account for unknown reasons.

After sending a support ticket, the support team (which BTW is extremely quick and helpful) informed me that the EUR wire transfer option had been temporarily disabled ...

They only offered alternative payment methods like PayPal, check or credit card payment, which are no real alternatives to me since they are either not commonly used/unpopular methods and/or involve paying high transfer/processing fees. A bank transfer, however, is free of charge for me.

I therefore agree with Lorette: If ProZ.com is not able to offer the (for me) safest and cheapest payment method as an option and above all NOT to communicate that fact, this will be a clear disadvantage to using ProZ.com for many European users.

Best regards,
Michaela

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 17:56
SITE STAFF
Option should be back shortly Sep 11, 2009

Hello Michaela,

I've just posted an answer to your support request as well. This issue has just recently been brought to my attention, and a notice regarding the problem is being posted on the payments page.

The option to wire transfer in EUR should be back this coming week. If anyone has had similar difficulties, please contact me or another staff member through the supp
... See more
Hello Michaela,

I've just posted an answer to your support request as well. This issue has just recently been brought to my attention, and a notice regarding the problem is being posted on the payments page.

The option to wire transfer in EUR should be back this coming week. If anyone has had similar difficulties, please contact me or another staff member through the support system, http://www.proz.com/support

Thanks again for the patience, and sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Jared
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Payments to Proz

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »