De persoon die dit onderwerp heeft geplaatst: pashtet
pashtet
pashtet
Verenigde Staten
Local time: 21:27
Engels naar Russisch
+ ...
May 9, 2007

Does anyone else have this problem? For some reason this happens ONLY when I browse this web-site. My laptop is quite powerful - it's a 2.5 GHz Pentium 4, but the CPU gets overloaded when I scroll down these pages. Please help!

franksf
franksf
Chinees naar Engels
Contact manufacturer May 9, 2007

Hello. Laptops are all proprietary and one with a 2.5 GHz P4 is likely still within warranty for free support. Call or visit the manufacturer's web site and open up a support/trouble ticket with, e.g., the service tag (Dell), of your laptop.

Mihai Badea (X)
Mihai Badea (X)  Identity Verified
Luxemburg
Engels naar Roemeens
+ ...
Have you tried another browser? May 9, 2007

Hi Paul,

What browser are you using and on what operating system? Have you tried using a different browser? Does that make any difference?

[Edited at 2007-05-09 22:59]

pashtet
pashtet
Verenigde Staten
Engels naar Russisch
+ ...
ONDERWERPSTARTER
browser May 10, 2007

I use IE 6.0 and Windows XP Professional. I haven't tried other browsers, because I would like to resolve the issue with IE - I am so used to it that I don't want to switch to Opera or anything else. Well, thanks for your comments, I'll keep playing with the browser settings for a while, I guess...:)

Mihai Badea (X)
Mihai Badea (X)  Identity Verified
Luxemburg
Engels naar Roemeens
+ ...
Firefox or upgrade to IE7 May 10, 2007

I was going to suggest you to try Firefox. I know nobody who tried it and then switched back to IE Opera would be a good option as well.

And if you want to keep using IE, it might be a good idea to upgrade it to version 7 …

Pristav (X)
Pristav (X)
Local time: 05:27
Engels naar Russisch
More Details May 10, 2007

Can you provide more details about hardware and software of your PC?

pashtet
pashtet
Verenigde Staten
Engels naar Russisch
+ ...
ONDERWERPSTARTER
details May 10, 2007

Pristav wrote:

Can you provide more details about hardware and software of your PC?

Well it's a 2.5 GHz Pentium 4, 512Mb RAM, 64 Mb Video RAM, IE 6.0, Windows XP Professional SP2

Mihai, thank you for your suggestion - I might actually follow your advice if you are so sure about the benefits of this other browser:))

Pristav (X)
Pristav (X)
Local time: 05:27
Engels naar Russisch
To your seller May 11, 2007

If your PC is covered by warranty, I advice to contact with it's seller. If no, you shall contact with computer's expert or repair company. PC has internal problem.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

CPU performance goes to 100% when scrolling down pages

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »