Sledi avtorju: Roy Chacón
Roy Chacón
Roy Chacón  Identity Verified
Kolumbija
Local time: 16:01
Član
angleščina - španščina
Dec 3, 2013

The last two days I have been receiving tons of unsolicited emails with CVS from translators.

Is someone else experiencing the same issue?

I only use this email account for translation related business.

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Polska
Local time: 23:01
Član (2002)
angleščina - ruščina
+ ...

LOKALIZATOR SPLETIŠČA
Sticky thread on the same topic Dec 3, 2013

Hi Roy,

Please read the sticky thread http://www.proz.com/topic/230462

Natalia

Malika Lakbiach
Malika Lakbiach  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:01
nizozemščina, flamščina - arabščina
+ ...
The same here Dec 4, 2013

I have also been receiving so many unsolicited job applications, even for the languages I don't offer. I noticed that the influx of these applications is the highest after I've visited the Proz website or changed something in my proz profile, for some reason!

Out of courtesy, I used to respond to these applications. But since the day I asked one of those "translators" to provide me with some more information (I think it was copies of his/her credentials) and received no answer (desp
... See more
I have also been receiving so many unsolicited job applications, even for the languages I don't offer. I noticed that the influx of these applications is the highest after I've visited the Proz website or changed something in my proz profile, for some reason!

Out of courtesy, I used to respond to these applications. But since the day I asked one of those "translators" to provide me with some more information (I think it was copies of his/her credentials) and received no answer (despite him/her being very keen "to work for me"), alarm bells went off and I started deleting the emails immediately afterward.

@Natalie: Thanks for the link.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(ji) za ta forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spammed by fellow translators

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »