https://www.proz.com/forum/memoq_support/331900-adding_words_parentheses_to_beginning_end_of_multiple_segments.html

adding words/parentheses to beginning/end of multiple segments
Thread poster: Jan Truper
Jan Truper
Jan Truper  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:25
Member (2016)
English to German
Jan 17, 2019

In memoQ, I have about 200 pretranslated segments, looking like this:

XXX
YYY
ZZZ
etc.

I want to change them to this:

Fragmente (XXX)
Fragmente (YYY)
Fragmente (ZZZ)
etc.

The source text does not have parentheses, but I want them in the translation.
Is there any way to achieve this in one fell swoop, via the replace window perhaps?

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 12:25
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Use Word Jan 17, 2019

MemoQ has a regex function for Find but I am not sure if it can do the Replace you want.

One way you could do it is to export the file as a bilingual Word document, use Word's Find & Replace to make the changes to the target and reimport the Word file into MemoQ. Word's F&R dialogue has powerful and relatively simple commands.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

adding words/parentheses to beginning/end of multiple segments

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »