Fridtjof Nansen - anyone have his books in English and German?
Téma indítója: Gillian Searl
Gillian Searl
Gillian Searl  Identity Verified
Egyesült Királyság
Local time: 02:13
német - angol
Nov 13, 2007

Hi!
I realise this is a very long shot. But does anyone have the German and English versions of Fridtjof Nansen's book Farthest North/In Nacht und Eis from 1897. I have a quote and they would like the original version (which was obviously translated from Norwegian!):

"So fuhren wir dann, meist bei schönem Wetter, seltener in Regen und Nebel, zwischen Sunden und Inseln hindurch längs der norwegischen Küste nach Norden. Welch herrliches Land! I’d like to know whether there
... See more
Hi!
I realise this is a very long shot. But does anyone have the German and English versions of Fridtjof Nansen's book Farthest North/In Nacht und Eis from 1897. I have a quote and they would like the original version (which was obviously translated from Norwegian!):

"So fuhren wir dann, meist bei schönem Wetter, seltener in Regen und Nebel, zwischen Sunden und Inseln hindurch längs der norwegischen Küste nach Norden. Welch herrliches Land! I’d like to know whether there is a waterway anywhere in the world that is like this one."

Thanks
Gillian
Collapse

Hilde Granlund
Hilde Granlund  Identity Verified
Norvégia
Local time: 03:13
angol - norvég
+ ...
Amazon Nov 13, 2007

has it, at least:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Farthest-North-Voyage-Exploration-1893-96/dp/1841582174/ref=sr_1_10/203-3536892-2546369?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1194940837&sr=1-10

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Fridtjof Nansen - anyone have his books in English and German?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »