Word window disappearing when not maximized
投稿者: Elisabeth Bull
Elisabeth Bull
Elisabeth Bull  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:48
英語 から ノルウェー語
+ ...
May 28, 2009

From time to time (now!) Word 2007 decides to "disappear" (possibly because the window has been dragged off the screen) when it is not in maximized mode. This is very inconvenient as I cannot see any other applications (Trados!) while working in Word. I have tried to find a shortcut key combination that will let me drag or place the disappeared windows onto the screen again, but have not succeeded so far.

After a while this tend to go back to normal again, but I would like to know
... See more
From time to time (now!) Word 2007 decides to "disappear" (possibly because the window has been dragged off the screen) when it is not in maximized mode. This is very inconvenient as I cannot see any other applications (Trados!) while working in Word. I have tried to find a shortcut key combination that will let me drag or place the disappeared windows onto the screen again, but have not succeeded so far.

After a while this tend to go back to normal again, but I would like to know how to fix it myself. Any clues are very welcome.

Elisabeth
Collapse

Tomas Mosler, DipTrans IoLET MCIL MITI
Tomas Mosler, DipTrans IoLET MCIL MITI  Identity Verified
チェコ共和国
2008に入会
英語 から チェコ語
SITE LOCALIZER
this May 28, 2009

You could try to use this utility:
http://www.brianapps.net/sizer.html

Launch it and then try to define the required resolution / smaller dimension for the window in question. It should keep the app running in the defined size (at least it worked for me when I had a similar problem with... TagEditor ).

Elisabeth Bull
Elisabeth Bull  Identity Verified
英語 から ノルウェー語
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It worked! May 28, 2009

Thanks alot, you saved my day It worked - and was very simple to use too. I just downloaded the application, started it, and after activating the maximized word window I could set it to another size.

Best regards,
Elisabeth

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

このフォーラムのモデレーター
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]
Prachya Mruetusatorn[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word window disappearing when not maximized

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »