How to add page numbers below page header?
Inițiatorul discuției: Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finlanda
Local time: 01:59
Membru (2003)
din finlandeză în germană
+ ...
Jul 23, 2009

I need to format a translation in the style of the source document. Probably it was formatted manually by writing at the head of the page

- 1 -
- 2 -

Is it possible to get such a numbering automatically in Word 2003?
When I add page numbering, the numbers are in the header, but they should below it.

Probably I have to do it manually too?

Regards
Heinrich

Sabine Akabayov, PhD
Sabine Akabayov, PhD
Israel
Local time: 01:59
Membru (2011)
din engleză în germană
+ ...
Page number in the header Jul 23, 2009

If you want the page number added to all pages automatically, you have to add it in the header. If you don't like the position on the page you could change the margins of the header (page layout->margins>custom margins->layout) or format the header adding empty lines, space before the line with the page number (just double click the header to be able to format it, sorry, if that's too basic). If that doesn't work well for you, you can add page numbers "at current position". However, you will hav... See more
If you want the page number added to all pages automatically, you have to add it in the header. If you don't like the position on the page you could change the margins of the header (page layout->margins>custom margins->layout) or format the header adding empty lines, space before the line with the page number (just double click the header to be able to format it, sorry, if that's too basic). If that doesn't work well for you, you can add page numbers "at current position". However, you will have to do that for each page separately.Collapse

Antoní­n Otáhal
Antoní­n Otáhal
Local time: 00:59
Membru (2005)
din engleză în cehă
+ ...
Field Jul 23, 2009

Go Insert, Field, select "Page" in "Field Names". In my version of Word, "your" format. - n -. is the second from the top.

HTH
Antonin

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
Regatul Unit
Local time: 23:59
din rusă în engleză
+ ...
In Memoriam
Page No. and Footer Jul 23, 2009

In my version of Word, which is Word 2000, The procedure is:
Insert > Page Numbers > Position: select "Bottom of page"; Alignment: Select "Center".
This produces a plain numeral.
If you specifically want the "- 1 -" form as in your original, you can go into the Footer (View > Header & Footer > switch to "Footer") and add the hyphen and space either side of the numeral.

[Edited at 2009-07-23 22:05 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to add page numbers below page header?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »