How do I open xlsx files with older office version?
Iniziatore argomento: Manuela Junghans
Manuela Junghans
Manuela Junghans  Identity Verified
Germania
Local time: 03:46
Membro (2004)
Da Inglese a Tedesco
+ ...
Oct 7, 2012

Hi everyone

I´m still using an older Office version (I think it´s still 2003 - or might be 2007?), and I´m having problems opening xlsx files I´m being sent by clients. The only Excel files I can open are the xls ones (without the extension x at the end).

Is there a conversion tool someone can recommend (preferably free) to deal with that problem?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Manuela

Pavel Mondschein
Pavel Mondschein  Identity Verified
Repubblica Ceca
Local time: 03:46
Da Inglese a Ceco
+ ...
Compatibility pack Oct 7, 2012

Hi Manuela,

install this compatibility pack from MS:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=3

Best regards,
Pavel

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:46
Membro (2006)
Da Inglese a Russo
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Apache OpenOffice/LibreOffice Oct 8, 2012

Apache OpenOffice and LibreOffice can open XLSX files and save to XLS. As for data, I haven’t had any issue, but if a file contains embedded objects such as drawing or charts, problems are quite probable.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I open xlsx files with older office version?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »