Thread poster: Christel Zipfel
Christel Zipfel
Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:03
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
May 8, 2012

I just wanted to renew my membership. Until last year, I paid in Euro, so I was astonished, when I tried to pay, to see the same amount in USD and EUR. I therefore wrote a support ticket and was promptly told that this was an error and that I would be charged the corresponding amount in EUR. So I proceeded and paid with my credit card. Only afterwards I got the "apologies" from ProZ and a link to the FAQs where indeed they say that the same amount in USD and EUR will be charged (for whatever rea... See more
I just wanted to renew my membership. Until last year, I paid in Euro, so I was astonished, when I tried to pay, to see the same amount in USD and EUR. I therefore wrote a support ticket and was promptly told that this was an error and that I would be charged the corresponding amount in EUR. So I proceeded and paid with my credit card. Only afterwards I got the "apologies" from ProZ and a link to the FAQs where indeed they say that the same amount in USD and EUR will be charged (for whatever reason, and surely a valid one). But wouldn't it have been more correct to state this clearly in their form? One is not supposed to read first through the FAQs, right?

I won't say that the difference is overwhelming, it's just a question of transparency and correctness, in my opinion, and I would have preferred to know this before.
Collapse

paravena
paravena  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:03
English to Spanish
membership price Oct 12, 2012

Hi Christel,
Same thing happened to me! I didnt know, it wasnt mentioned anywhere. Now, i see they have even charged it twice! i dont know who to contact. I have written them and get no answer.
Regards,
Paola

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Membership cost USD/EUR

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »