Hide keywords text from profile
Thread poster: Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 01:45
English to Italian
Jun 15, 2016

Until recently I was able to hide the list of keywords from my profile using a <div style="display:none"> tag, but this doesn't seem to be working anymore. I tried other things, such as <p hidden>, but nothing seems to work anymore...

Is there a way to do this or could you please provide a way to hide the keywords section (as for other sections in the profile), while retaining its functionality for search purposes?

Thanks.

[Edited at 2016-06-15 17:11 GMT]

ATIL KAYHAN
ATIL KAYHAN  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 02:45
Member (2007)
Turkish to English
+ ...
Just Curious Jun 15, 2016

Why would you want to hide the list of keywords?

philgoddard
philgoddard
United States
German to English
+ ...
For the same reason as you hide all the HTML code on a website. Jun 15, 2016

It looks tacky, and no one else needs to see it.

Mirko Mainardi
Italy
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
Unaesthetic Jun 15, 2016

ATIL KAYHAN wrote:

Why would you want to hide the list of keywords?

Basically, because I find it quite unaesthetic, thing which usually doesn't go hand in hand with marketing. On websites, you never see a page with a product/service and then a lengthy list of keywords placed there to attract visitors...

Besides, it would be quite difficult to write a cohesive and concise text about your services using ALL of the keywords you would use in the keywords section.

[Edited at 2016-06-15 19:23 GMT]

Paula Durrosier
Paula Durrosier  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 20:45
English to Spanish
+ ...
It is not possible to hide keywords Jun 15, 2016

Hi Mirko,

Please note that keywords cannot be hidden.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Best regards,

Paula

Mirko Mainardi
Italy
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, but... Jun 15, 2016

Paula Durrosier wrote:

Hi Mirko,

Please note that keywords cannot be hidden.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Best regards,

Paula

Thanks Paula, I did notice that (which is why I started this thread)... but why? Is it because it goes against Google's policies, or something like that? Keywords are commonly used (hidden) on app stores, for instance (AFAIK)...

P.S. And actually, I was able to hide them, until a few weeks ago, as I was saying before... so this means something must've been changed recently.

[Edited at 2016-06-15 19:04 GMT]

Paula Durrosier
Paula Durrosier  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 20:45
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thanks for the suggestion Jun 15, 2016

Hello Mirko,

I apologize if my last reply was a bit unclear. The keywords section of your profile is not set up in such a way as to allow the color, font, etc. to be altered by HTML tags. I'm not sure how exactly you were able to edit this in the past, but I have tested this myself and it appears that it is no longer possible to do so.

However, I can see the value of having this section to be made publicly visible or not, for example, as a field that can be manually exp
... See more
Hello Mirko,

I apologize if my last reply was a bit unclear. The keywords section of your profile is not set up in such a way as to allow the color, font, etc. to be altered by HTML tags. I'm not sure how exactly you were able to edit this in the past, but I have tested this myself and it appears that it is no longer possible to do so.

However, I can see the value of having this section to be made publicly visible or not, for example, as a field that can be manually expanded or hidden. I have added this idea to our list of suggestions for possible future implementation. I'll be sure to keep you updated as to the status of that.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or if I can help you with anything else.

Best regards,

Paula
Collapse

Mirko Mainardi
Italy
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Paula Jun 15, 2016

Paula Durrosier wrote:

However, I can see the value of having this section to be made publicly visible or not, for example, as a field that can be manually expanded or hidden. I have added this idea to our list of suggestions for possible future implementation. I'll be sure to keep you updated as to the status of that.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or if I can help you with anything else.

Thank you, that's good to hear! Looking forward to it.

Thormod Furu

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Hide keywords text from profile

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »