Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:18
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Jun 23, 2002

If I have a problem which I am sure only affects me, I send a technical support email and leave it at that, but if I am wondering if it affects others as well, I also post it as a forum topic to see what the reaction is from other members. I have sometimes done so under this \"Technical support\" heading and sometimes under \"Bugs\". I have now realized that if I do it as \"Technical Support\" it will appear in the most-recent-forum list on the ProZ main page, but if I do it as \"Bugs\" it wil... See more
If I have a problem which I am sure only affects me, I send a technical support email and leave it at that, but if I am wondering if it affects others as well, I also post it as a forum topic to see what the reaction is from other members. I have sometimes done so under this \"Technical support\" heading and sometimes under \"Bugs\". I have now realized that if I do it as \"Technical Support\" it will appear in the most-recent-forum list on the ProZ main page, but if I do it as \"Bugs\" it will not.

Far more people respond to new forum items from the ProZ page most-recent-forum list than do so from hunting through all the forums, so I fail to see the logic of this.

Or am I wrong about this and has the Bug topic just failed to appear once or twice because of a Bug?

Incidentally, when asked to select a forum, the list includes Technical Support twice.

You have to hunt through the forums to see that the first of these is apparently for computer-aided translation problems. Would it not be better to give this a different title in the selection list, say \"CAT Support\"?
Collapse

Magda Dziadosz
Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 19:18
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
same here.. Jun 23, 2002

My posts from Bugs forum never made to the front page as well. The CAT tools technical support seems to be widely used for ProZ.com technical support, indeed it is very confusing. Hopefully it is a bug which can easily be corrected.

Magda

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 13:18
SITE FOUNDER
Right. Bug reports, suggestions, money matters dont go to the front page. Jun 24, 2002

Bug reports (ex. \"I am not getting my emails\"), and suggestions specific to ProZ.com are purposefully not shown on the main page. Same with money matters.

Technical support is the best forum to use if you want others to answer your qeuries (rather than ProZ.com staff.)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Bug in Bugs forum?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »