Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Discussion for ProZ.com 2015 virtual conference for International Translation Day session (2015): 10-tip survival kit for professional translators/interpreters
Jeff Allen
Jeff Allen  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 21:26
Multiplelanguages
+ ...
personal blog necessary? Sep 30, 2015

Alvis Yu wrote:

Would it be advisable to spend some time in developing and maintaining one's personal blog posting not only service-related info but also personal thoughts on general things in life, etc?

Hi Alvis, here is what I replied with to your question in the live chat:

I have several different Twitter accounts (topic focused) and different Facebook pages, and manage many different Facebook special interest groups. Many guitar, music, and other areas. I've found that everything helps and cross-fertilizes.

Jeff

mohe
mohe  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:26
Amharic to English
+ ...
Thank you Jeff, Sep 30, 2015

A very insightful and important presentation!!

Jeff Allen
France
Multiplelanguages
+ ...
WORKING ON A MASTERS THESIS ON POST EDITING Oct 1, 2015

Taufik Afdal Ns wrote:

I expect to get insight on MTPE on this session

Hi Taufik,
I have spoken about MT and MT posteding quite a bit at ProZ Virtual Conferences in previous years, have posted much about it in posts in the forums (search on user: mtpostediting).
There is an entire section in my downloadable list of publications on MT and MT postediting which might be of help to you.

jeffallen-all-publications-11Apr2015.pdf
https://app.box.com/s/ih4ye3j4l5td44yokbh5ju21c33hh1df

Hope that helps.

Jeff

Jeff Allen
France
Multiplelanguages
+ ...
Thank you Jeff, Oct 1, 2015

mohe wrote:

A very insightful and important presentation!!

Thank you for attending and for your feedback.

Jeff

Maria Fernandez Coll
Maria Fernandez Coll
Spain
Local time: 20:26
French to Spanish
+ ...
Thanks Oct 1, 2015

Thanks Jeff for all the tips you gave us, things that seem simple and logic. When you start in an activity you need this little boost to feel confident

Thanks!

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Drew MacFadyen[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Discussion for ProZ.com 2015 virtual conference for International Translation Day session (2015): 10-tip survival kit for professional translators/interpreters

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »