david angel (X)
Local time: 05:23
Da Francese a Inglese
+ ...
Jun 15, 2007

Hi. I am using DNS Preferred Version 8.
Word 2002
Windows XP.
I am rewriting a long 20-30 page document with lots of footnotes, in Word using DNS. I need to introduce footnotes, and do lots of cut and paste, etc. However, the program seems to have gone mad, refusing to do what I tell it and/or misinterpreting commands.
Has anyone else had experience of this?
I have tried deleting the programme and re-reading it from the disk, but that doesn't help.Some people I ha
... See more
Hi. I am using DNS Preferred Version 8.
Word 2002
Windows XP.
I am rewriting a long 20-30 page document with lots of footnotes, in Word using DNS. I need to introduce footnotes, and do lots of cut and paste, etc. However, the program seems to have gone mad, refusing to do what I tell it and/or misinterpreting commands.
Has anyone else had experience of this?
I have tried deleting the programme and re-reading it from the disk, but that doesn't help.Some people I have consulted think I should upgrade to Professional. I wonder if anyone has any suggestions. I would be very grateful for any help. Best Wishes, David Angel.
Collapse

MouseManoeuvres
MouseManoeuvres
Regno Unito
Da Tedesco a Inglese
+ ...
status Jun 15, 2007

I once had that problem and it was only because for some reason DNS changed the status from the usual one where you can use commands and dictate text etc. to simply spelling where it doesn't react to commands. I don't know why the change happened back then, but once I manually changed it back to "normal" modus and restarted it worked fine.

No other experience of this problem though.

Good luck!

david angel (X)
david angel (X)
Da Francese a Inglese
+ ...
AVVIO ARGOMENTO
Thanks Jun 15, 2007

Many thanks MouseManouevres. I'll try what you suggest.

Anne Bohy
Anne Bohy  Identity Verified
Francia
Local time: 06:23
Da Inglese a Francese
problems with very long documents Jun 15, 2007

I have had problems with DNS8 nearly "freezing", and finally I understood that it only happened when I was quite far in a very big document. I think I had the problem in Word and in InDesign.
When splitting the document, everything was back to normal.

I do not think I have the same problem with DNS9 (plus, it works even better than DNS8!). You may want to upgrade some day. In my opinion, all DNS upgrades I've bought were worth the money.

[Edited at 2007-06-15 20:42]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Editing problems with DNS

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »