PRAKASH SHARMA
PRAKASH SHARMA  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 02:56
English to Hindi
+ ...
You are a good and humble professional Sep 6, 2012

Hi,

Yet another real story, wherein translator suffered a lot for the sake of his/her business or say ethics or might be cunning business tricks. Each and every professional translator has to suffer the adverse conditions in his/her life while trying to complete the committed tasks. Such a hardworking person tries never to let any chance waste. Yet, sometimes, he/she is tricked by such cunning tricky people, who don't care about humanity even.

I feel that you should hav
... See more
Hi,

Yet another real story, wherein translator suffered a lot for the sake of his/her business or say ethics or might be cunning business tricks. Each and every professional translator has to suffer the adverse conditions in his/her life while trying to complete the committed tasks. Such a hardworking person tries never to let any chance waste. Yet, sometimes, he/she is tricked by such cunning tricky people, who don't care about humanity even.

I feel that you should have expressed your feelings to your client whom you reimbursed the amount. My sympathy is with you always and no points for unhuman tricky behaviour of your client.

Best Regards,
Prakash Sharma
Collapse

Veronica Coquard
Veronica Coquard
France
Local time: 23:26
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you all for your kind words Sep 6, 2012

I have indeed found some kind of closure on this subject thanks to your support. Thank you so much.

kaytrad
kaytrad
France
French to English
birthing hormones Sep 6, 2012

Michel Odent has documented the change in hormonal state of women as they start giving birth. We get flooded with adrenaline then oxytocine, which are normally mutually exclusive, so it's no wonder we feel strange. As a result, we seek as little interaction as possible with anyone we don't feel 100% comfortable with and try to avoid conflict at all costs in order to focus solely on the birthing process.

I don't know whether you get double lashings of hormones for twins... Dealing w
... See more
Michel Odent has documented the change in hormonal state of women as they start giving birth. We get flooded with adrenaline then oxytocine, which are normally mutually exclusive, so it's no wonder we feel strange. As a result, we seek as little interaction as possible with anyone we don't feel 100% comfortable with and try to avoid conflict at all costs in order to focus solely on the birthing process.

I don't know whether you get double lashings of hormones for twins... Dealing with such an unpleasant situation is tough enough in normal conditions. You did what you could and at least the guy is off your back now!

He must have had extra-sensory perception to be able to time his call so brilliantly! (you say you didn't ever mention the babies...)

And just a small aside for Carvallo:

Carvallo wrote:

...but, you say about it: "as the technique revolves around the use of words that appeal to the senses."

That's why they retranslated the book.

We have zero evidence as to whether Verslanglais's or the published version would be more likely to appeal to people's senses (apart from the fact that Verslanglais appears to have a good command of English judging from her forum input) so I think that remark is totally superfluous and possibly not kind.
Collapse

Veronica Coquard
Veronica Coquard
France
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for your support, Kaytrad Sep 6, 2012

I admit not really understanding the gist of Carvallo's post, but never mind. I very much appreciate everyone's kind words.

XXXphxxx (X)
XXXphxxx (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:26
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Above all - no regrets Sep 7, 2012

Don't look back on those couple of minutes when you made the transfer and feel it may have been foolish or consider the "what ifs". FWIW I would have done exactly the same thing. Good riddance. Onwards and upwards

Veronica Coquard
Veronica Coquard
France
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you very much, Lisa! Sep 7, 2012

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The strangest experience

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »