Thread poster: Marion Schimmelpfennig
Francina
Francina  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:32
Dutch to English
+ ...
Great idea. Jan 26, 2005

Starting with a call for volunteers to be on the management committee willing to offer their time, energy and dedication to make this charity work is an excellent idea.

I volunteer to be secretary.
Francina

Marion Schimmelpfennig
Marion Schimmelpfennig  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:32
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Call for volunteers to found our own charity! Jan 26, 2005

OK, so this is the call for volunteers to be on the management committee of our own charity!

As you know by now, we need at least seven. More active charity members / management committee members are of course very welcome.

Call starts: now

Call ends: Sunday, January 30th

I will list and edit volunteers here:

1) Marion Schimmelpfennig (willing to be treasurer,
... See more
OK, so this is the call for volunteers to be on the management committee of our own charity!

As you know by now, we need at least seven. More active charity members / management committee members are of course very welcome.

Call starts: now

Call ends: Sunday, January 30th

I will list and edit volunteers here:

1) Marion Schimmelpfennig (willing to be treasurer, but is also willing to act as something different if another person feels like handling the financial stuff)

2) Francina (willing to act as secretary - to be defined in detail)

3) Balaban Cerit (willing to do the advertising)

4) Paula Dana Szabados (type of role to be defined)

5) Wout-Jan (& Mirjam) Koridon (via email) (multiple roles possible; to be defined)

6) Giovanna Rampone (role to be defined)

7) Henry (site founder; willing to lend the site's support)

8) aes (role to be defined)

9) Ingrid B. Frick Loli (available as secretary / editor etc.)

10) aurelija25 (role to be defined)

11) Evert Deloof-Sys (role to be defined)

12) Nanette McGuinness (athena22) (available as publisher's liaison)

13) Acorna (role to be defined)

14) Breeze (role to be defined)

15) Ildiko (willing to act as organizer)

16) Noris La Valle (role to be defined)

17) Gabriela Torres Gregory (role to be defined)

18) Russell Jones (via email; role to be defined)

19) Maria Grazia Marino (via email; role to be defined)

20) Adriana Julian (via email; role to be defined)

21) Pierre Grabowski (role to be defined)

22) Roland Dorn (wordsmith0) (role to be defined)

23) Celia Roncero (role to be defined)

24) Nizar Calal (role to be defined)

25) Natalia Eklund (willing to act e.g. as project coordinator)

26) Eleftheria Zossima (via email; role to be defined)

27) Miluka (role to be defined)

28) Sophieanne (role to be defined)

29) Heloisa Mafra (role to be defined)

Note: Although it appears that we are now twenty-nine and can found the non-profit organization, additional members are very much welcome!

Let more posts come in!

[Edited at 2005-02-05 09:24]
Collapse

Balaban Cerit
Balaban Cerit  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 17:32
Member (2004)
English to Turkish
+ ...
I'm willing to contribute time Jan 27, 2005

Yes, I'm willing to contribute time for our own charity. As I wrote before, I am volunteering for work on advertising the project. But if something else is regarded as more urgent, (excepting legal and financial matters), I could work on that for a certain time.

Paula Dana Szabados
Paula Dana Szabados  Identity Verified
Romania
Member (2005)
English to Romanian
+ ...
I am willing to help Jan 28, 2005

I am willing to help but to be honest I am a little scared. The legal part is the one that scares me, is it ok if we live in different countries? I mean form the legal point of view.
But I am willing to help.

Marion Schimmelpfennig
Marion Schimmelpfennig  Identity Verified
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
It doesn't matter where you live and the legal stuff is done by pros Jan 28, 2005

Paula, it doesn't matter where you live to become a (founding) member of this charity: see my post http://www.proz.com/post/191803#191803.

Also, don't be afraid of the legal stuff. I'll probably handle it and we already have help from a big law firm who are willing to sponsor us.

Do you want me to add you to our list above?

Paula Dana Szabados
Paula Dana Szabados  Identity Verified
Romania
Member (2005)
English to Romanian
+ ...
I do Jan 28, 2005

Add me to the list, please.

giogi
giogi
Local time: 15:32
Hello everybody... Jan 29, 2005

I will be in the crew...Thanks
Giovanna

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
Please count me in Jan 29, 2005

I would like to be involved and lend the site's support. Thank you for this initiative.

aes (X)
aes (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:02
Korean to English
+ ...
I am willing Jan 30, 2005

Marion Schimmelpfennig wrote:

Let the posts come in!

[Edited at 2005-01-28 10:37]

[Edited at 2005-01-28 21:34]

[Edited at 2005-01-29 12:15]

[Edited at 2005-01-29 15:29]

[Edited at 2005-01-30 07:24]

[Edited at 2005-01-30 07:24]

I like your idea. I can contribute in any way possible whether as part of the committee or otherwise simply as a volunteer.

Thanks,

aes.

Ingrid Frick Loli
Ingrid Frick Loli  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
Italian to English
I can lend time Jan 30, 2005

[quote]aes wrote:

[quote]Marion Schimmelpfennig wrote:

I am constantly connected via internet to the entire world.
I translate Italian to English. I like the initiative. Please let me know how we can actively help these children.
You already have a secretary I see. I could act as the book
proofreader or editor. Or use my Journalism skills to write
press releases to sensitize the public and the press.
I am both available as board member or as writer, editor or translator as mentioned above.

Cheers

Ingrid B. Frick Loli

aurelija25
aurelija25
Lithuanian to English
+ ...
I am willing to help :-) Jan 30, 2005

I could translate in languages Lithuanian and English. Lithuanian is my native. Also I could be a member, well I am not sure if you still need any. I have worked in publishing, so I kind of know how all the process goes. I am from Florida, USA, but originally from Lithuania, and I am willing to help as much as I can.

Evert DELOOF-SYS
Evert DELOOF-SYS  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to Dutch
+ ...
Please count me in as well Jan 30, 2005

Both as board member and translator (into a.o. Dutch, from English, French, Russian, German,...).

Excellent initiative!

Francina
Francina  Identity Verified
United States
Dutch to English
+ ...
We can co-chair or... Jan 30, 2005

[quote]Ingrid Frick Loli wrote:

You already have a secretary I see.

We can co-chair or I can redefine my contribution as committee member.
Francina

[Edited at 2005-01-30 20:55]

Schwabamädle
Schwabamädle
Canada
English to German
+ ...
No charity Jan 30, 2005

Hello, I know that this vote is more about people who would like to participate in a charity. I will be there for anything like collecting childrens poems, translating, contact people, etc. but I am sorry I do not want to be a member in the charity itself )-: I hope I am still useful

All of you people are great and I think that this is a wonderful thing to do.

Andrea

athena22
athena22  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:32
English
+ ...
Please count me in. Jan 30, 2005

This is a great idea!

I'm a member of SCBWI (Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators) and know the American "kid lit" publishing scene to some extent, so I'd be glad to lend whatever expertise I've got. While I've mostly published magazine articles for kids, I do have experience with book publishers and a few contacts in the biz. I also could talk to other children's writers if you needed advice or wanted at some point to try to get a big name children's author inv
... See more
This is a great idea!

I'm a member of SCBWI (Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators) and know the American "kid lit" publishing scene to some extent, so I'd be glad to lend whatever expertise I've got. While I've mostly published magazine articles for kids, I do have experience with book publishers and a few contacts in the biz. I also could talk to other children's writers if you needed advice or wanted at some point to try to get a big name children's author involved.

So please do count me in for being a board member for the now-forming to-be-non-profit organization. I could be your publishers' liaison or something along those lines, as well as helping with FR>EN. I think I saw that you were going to have help with the legal issues, which is my biggest concern, as I have no expertise there. I'm not fully on top of non-profit laws (not a lawyer or accountant) in the US, but my understanding is that it would take care of the tax liability.

Nanette McGuinness (athena22)
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5] >

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Legal matters

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »