Improving the discussion
Thread poster: Marion Schimmelpfennig
Marion Schimmelpfennig
Marion Schimmelpfennig  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:22
English to German
Dec 11, 2004

Ideas and suggestions to improve this discussion both strategically and technically - thus making it more efficient are welcome at all times.

For the time being, if you want to add a new topic or change the existing topic structure, please let us know here.

[Edited at 2004-12-11 14:43]

giogi
giogi
Local time: 14:22
Hi Marion... Dec 11, 2004

so the discussion is definitely moved here or the other forum is still active?
Actually I wrote down a rough list of things I personally could do and as soon as it's ready I'll post it here.
Hear you all soon!
Giovanna

Marion Schimmelpfennig
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
yes, discussion has moved to Proz.com Dec 11, 2004

Yes, the discussion has definitely moved here; I will close down the other forum in due course (some people still might want to read the first posts)

Bob Kerns (X)
Bob Kerns (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
Discussion about what ??????????????? Dec 11, 2004

Marion Schimmelpfennig wrote:

Ideas and suggestions to improve this discussion both strategically and technically - thus making it more efficient are welcome at all times.

For the time being, if you want to add a new topic or change the existing topic structure, please let us know here.

[Edited at 2004-12-11 14:43]

I for one am totally confused, and quite often when I'm confused then a lot of other people are too.

Do you really expect people to read every thread of this new forum (at the time of writing there are 17, all posted today) to find out exactly what this project is all about? I certainly don't intend to.

If this is the way this project is likely to continue then as far as I am concerned it has failed already.

Marion Schimmelpfennig
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
sorry if these posts confused you Dec 11, 2004

Dear Bob,

I am sorry if I caused confusion today for those who haven't heard about this project before. It certainly wasn't my intent. I had made a post at http://www.proz.com/topic/27354, suggesting we create a multi-language book with works from kids who need help – thus generating money to help those kids. Many fellow translators were willing to help and Henry created this special forum
... See more
Dear Bob,

I am sorry if I caused confusion today for those who haven't heard about this project before. It certainly wasn't my intent. I had made a post at http://www.proz.com/topic/27354, suggesting we create a multi-language book with works from kids who need help – thus generating money to help those kids. Many fellow translators were willing to help and Henry created this special forum for us. I became a moderator practically overnight and, because I didn't know any better, started these threads instead of only one with sub-threads (or whatever you call them). I only learned of this function today and will change the structure in due course.

I do hope that answers your question.
Collapse

Blithe
Blithe
Local time: 09:22
Russian
+ ...
Start from the beginning. Dec 11, 2004

Bob Kerns wrote:

I for one am totally confused

Just read the first topic (How it started: project history) and everything will be crystal clear to you.

Bob Kerns (X)
Bob Kerns (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
Thanks Marion Dec 12, 2004

Thanks for the clarification, Marion, and good luck with your project.

Bob

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Improving the discussion

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »