Why saved translated file is showing text in different format?
Thread poster: Dina Abdo
Dina Abdo
Dina Abdo  Identity Verified
Palestine
Local time: 18:43
Member (2005)
Arabic
+ ...
Aug 29, 2022

Hello Eveyone!

I'm using WF Pro 3 and Office Pro Plus 2016.

When I save my translated file in WF Pro, the resulting word document shows parts of the text in different format; mainly Italic, but also bold. I'll find several paragraphs in italic when the source isn't. When one paragraph is having both English and Arabic, the Arabic would be in italic while the English isn't. If I try double clicking the whole paragraph to apply non-italic format, the Arabic will become Ok
... See more
Hello Eveyone!

I'm using WF Pro 3 and Office Pro Plus 2016.

When I save my translated file in WF Pro, the resulting word document shows parts of the text in different format; mainly Italic, but also bold. I'll find several paragraphs in italic when the source isn't. When one paragraph is having both English and Arabic, the Arabic would be in italic while the English isn't. If I try double clicking the whole paragraph to apply non-italic format, the Arabic will become Ok but the English words will turn italic.

I'm unable to figure if this is a WF or a MS Word problem, but I don't have the problem of different font types among the two languages except for translated files saved from WF. And as I said before, this sometimes happens even in Arabic-only paragraphs.

The problem is frustrating and very time consuming. On larger files, it takes me forever double checking every paragraph removing the italic/bold format. In bilingual paragraphs, the problem is even worse as I have to manually change back every single word/number.

I'd really appreciate any suggestions to solve this problem!

[Edited at 2022-08-29 14:30 GMT]
Collapse

Edward Potter
Edward Potter  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 17:43
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Tags? Sep 1, 2022

Maybe it has something to do with the tags?
Maybe you can run a Transcheck for some clue.

Sorry I can't come up with more ideas for you.

Dina Abdo
Palestine
Member (2005)
Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still not working Sep 7, 2022

Thanks for the suggestions Edward, but I'm afraid it's not a tag problem. I run transcheck and I manually double check my tags while trying to solve this problem, but with no use.

The problem is really time consuming but I still have no solution for it. I'll post an answer here if I find anything to help others

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 17:43
Member (2006)
French to English
Contact hotline, upgrade Sep 7, 2022

Hello,
Have you tried contacting the hotline?
Have you tried Wordfast Pro 7 to see if this problem persists? You can install both 3 and 7 on the same computer.
Kind regards,
John

Dina Abdo
Palestine
Member (2005)
Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Re: Contact hotline, upgrade Sep 7, 2022

Hi John,

I do have both versions but I mainly use WF3 so I needed this resolved with the version I'm primarily using.

Guess I'll have to wait and see if the hotline support team can figure this out. Thanks for the suggestions

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why saved translated file is showing text in different format?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »