Game Localization : opening/editing a .vcproj file ?
Thread poster: DjoulZ (X)
DjoulZ (X)
DjoulZ (X)  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 16:51
English to French
Dec 9, 2007

Hi everyone,

I want to open a vcproj file. I tried with Visual C++ Express Edition 2008 first, and then with Visual C++ Express Edition 2005 but in both cases, it said :

"The project you are opening was created in a previous version of Visual Studio. It must be converted to the format used by this version. After a project has been converted, it can no longer be edited, built or run in previous version."

Can someone point me in the right direction ?
<
... See more
Hi everyone,

I want to open a vcproj file. I tried with Visual C++ Express Edition 2008 first, and then with Visual C++ Express Edition 2005 but in both cases, it said :

"The project you are opening was created in a previous version of Visual Studio. It must be converted to the format used by this version. After a project has been converted, it can no longer be edited, built or run in previous version."

Can someone point me in the right direction ?

Thanks

DjoulZ

[Edited at 2007-12-10 08:45]
Collapse

Tony Tang
Tony Tang
Local time: 22:51
English to Chinese
+ ...
get instruction from your client Jun 26, 2008

Just ask your client about the version of the development tool and then open it.

the3gwireless
the3gwireless
English to Chinese
I guess it was created by visual studio c++ 2003 Aug 5, 2008

I guess it was created by visual studio c++ 2003, you can check the file's properties such as "modified date" to proof.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Game Localization : opening/editing a .vcproj file ?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »