BillyTransMeme
BillyTransMeme
Germany
Local time: 16:21
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
Aug 17, 2021

Hi

So I've been trying to get OmegaT running with a bunch of XML files that I have. I've read through some articles on the Okapi Framework wiki and I have tried to adapt the examples of the filters to suit my own needs, but I have not been successful. But the XML Stream Filter works fine while extracting the text. However, in addition to that, I need to also have the string ID, because it's very important in knowing what the text is about. This is the part that I can't get to work.
... See more
Hi

So I've been trying to get OmegaT running with a bunch of XML files that I have. I've read through some articles on the Okapi Framework wiki and I have tried to adapt the examples of the filters to suit my own needs, but I have not been successful. But the XML Stream Filter works fine while extracting the text. However, in addition to that, I need to also have the string ID, because it's very important in knowing what the text is about. This is the part that I can't get to work. I haven't found any materials online which explain how to make the filter extract the string ID together with the text.

This is vitally important for translation, because the text gets split up into bite-sized segments. On one hand, this is good, because entire walls of text don't have to be translated in one go. But since the XML files contain strings with completely different information, it becomes very easy to get lost when the segments lack any kind of identifying information.

If there is no way of showing string IDs together with segments, is it at least possible to have the file segmented into strings instead of sentences?

Thanks for any help

P.S. the HTML tags keep breaking examples of the strings, so sorry for not being able to show the exact structure. But it basically just has the text between tags and the string ID is simply

[Edited at 2021-08-17 11:06 GMT]
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

How to make Okapi XML Stream Filter show string ID

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »