For matters related to payments, access to training sessions and technical issues, please submit a support request for faster assistance.
SDL Trados Studio 2014 Getting Started Part 1: Translating

This discussion belongs to ProZ.com training » "SDL Trados Studio 2014 Getting Started Part 1: Translating".
You can see the ProZ.com training page and participate in this discussion from there.

sarayalvarado
sarayalvarado  Identity Verified
Costa Rica
Local time: 04:35
Spanish to English
+ ...
Technical issues Jun 3, 2015

The connection with the trainer was lost at minute 00:57. Am I the only one experiencing this problem? My connection is up and running so I don't think is from my side.
Thanks.

Graeme Jones
Graeme Jones  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:35
Member (2015)
French to English
+ ...
Again Jun 3, 2015

Looks like he's gone again: min 70

sarayalvarado
sarayalvarado  Identity Verified
Costa Rica
Local time: 04:35
Spanish to English
+ ...
Training re-schedule Jun 3, 2015

Looking forward to receive the training with no issues. Hopefully we don't need to pay it again.

4carnations
4carnations  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 19:35
Japanese to English
+ ...
Technical issues Jun 4, 2015

sarayalvarado wrote:

The connection with the trainer was lost at minute 00:57. Am I the only one experiencing this problem? My connection is up and running so I don't think is from my side.
Thanks.

Yes, I had the same problem.

4carnations
4carnations  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 19:35
Japanese to English
+ ...
Courseware Language Jun 4, 2015

If the webinar is to be based on Spanish-English, then I think it would be nice if the courseware used this language pair as well. At the very least, the courseware should include a Spanish-English AutoSuggest .bpm file. Now I understand that in principle the choice of language shouldn't matter because the teaching objective has more to do with data compilation and processing, but as a complete novice I found this difference in language to be disconcerting. It was like listening to a meteorologi... See more
If the webinar is to be based on Spanish-English, then I think it would be nice if the courseware used this language pair as well. At the very least, the courseware should include a Spanish-English AutoSuggest .bpm file. Now I understand that in principle the choice of language shouldn't matter because the teaching objective has more to do with data compilation and processing, but as a complete novice I found this difference in language to be disconcerting. It was like listening to a meteorologist talk about weather in Fahrenheit when you're more familiar with Celsius.Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Helen Shepelenko[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2014 Getting Started Part 1: Translating

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »