For matters related to payments, access to training sessions and technical issues, please submit a support request for faster assistance.
SDL Trados Studio 2015 Getting Started Part 1: Translating

This discussion belongs to ProZ.com training » "SDL Trados Studio 2015 Getting Started Part 1: Translating".
You can see the ProZ.com training page and participate in this discussion from there.

MarieLo
MarieLo  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 19:28
English to French
Certification Sep 21, 2015

Hi,
Is it mandatory to go through all stages of training to apply for SDL Trados certification, or is it possible to start from 'Intermediate'?
Thanks in advance.
Regards,

Frances Bryce
Frances Bryce  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:28
German to English
+ ...
Either way is possible Sep 21, 2015

From what I could tell, it was possible either way. I was looking at doing the same as you, jumping straight to the intermediate as I have been using Trados for a few years and assumed I would know enough to whizz through the getting started module.

However, when I looked at the cost of the certification, the cost of three modules bought together as a bundle (getting started, intermediate and advanced) was the same as two modules bought separately. So I decided to bite the bulle
... See more
From what I could tell, it was possible either way. I was looking at doing the same as you, jumping straight to the intermediate as I have been using Trados for a few years and assumed I would know enough to whizz through the getting started module.

However, when I looked at the cost of the certification, the cost of three modules bought together as a bundle (getting started, intermediate and advanced) was the same as two modules bought separately. So I decided to bite the bullet and pay for all three.

Anyway, I have been working my way through the getting started workbook and discovered a few new features that I wasnt using as efficiently as I could have been so for me it was definitely worth doing the getting started module first (especially as it was essentially free - when bought with the other two modules).

Hope this helps
Collapse

Lorenzo Pilati
Lorenzo Pilati  Identity Verified
Member (2011)
English to Italian
+ ...
Bundle Oct 27, 2015

Hi Frances,
I can't find any mention of module bundles and associate prices: can you please point out the link to such bundles?
Thank you.

Best,
Lorenzo

Helen Shepelenko
Helen Shepelenko
SITE STAFF
Bundle Oct 28, 2015

Lorenzo Pilati wrote:

Hi Frances,
I can't find any mention of module bundles and associate prices: can you please point out the link to such bundles?
Thank you.

Best,
Lorenzo

Hi Lorenzo,

Thank you for your interest in the training. I have forwarded the special offers to you via email. Hope this helps.

My bests,
Helen

Lorenzo Pilati
Lorenzo Pilati  Identity Verified
Member (2011)
English to Italian
+ ...
Bundle Oct 30, 2015

Helen Shepelenko wrote:

Lorenzo Pilati wrote:

Hi Frances,
Thank you.

Best,
Lorenzo

Hi Lorenzo,

Thank you for your interest in the training. I have forwarded the special offers to you via email. Hope this helps.

My bests,
Helen

Hi Helen,
link received.
Thanks a lot.

The link redirects to a page called "store" (https://www.proz.com/store/10019). Is there a way to access that page directly in order to see all the offers available?

Thanks again.

Best,

Lorenzo

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Helen Shepelenko[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2015 Getting Started Part 1: Translating

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »