Resource: Meat industry/cold-storate/slaughterhouse glossary (ES-EN)
Thread poster: Alan Otero
Alan Otero
Alan Otero
Argentina
Local time: 13:05
Member (2020)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 19, 2022

Hi everyone, how're you?

I’m currently working on a project related to the meat industry. It's an operating manual of a slaughterhouse/cold-storage facility. I've found some information regarding meat cuts, but not much about the facilities sectors and related work itself. Any glossaries to recommend? Or a good technical dictionary that may come in handy?

Thanks in advance for your help.

C
... See more
Hi everyone, how're you?

I’m currently working on a project related to the meat industry. It's an operating manual of a slaughterhouse/cold-storage facility. I've found some information regarding meat cuts, but not much about the facilities sectors and related work itself. Any glossaries to recommend? Or a good technical dictionary that may come in handy?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers,
Collapse

Ezekiel Uwadiae

philgoddard
philgoddard
United States
German to English
+ ...
In my experience... Sep 20, 2022

Even if you find a glossary, it doesn't have the terms you're looking for. It's better to research them individually.

Also, bear in mind that no two people in the industry will agree on what to call things.

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Jennifer Levey
neilmac
Ezekiel Uwadiae

Alan Otero
Alan Otero
Argentina
Local time: 13:05
Member (2020)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Sep 21, 2022

philgoddard wrote:

Even if you find a glossary, it doesn't have the terms you're looking for. It's better to research them individually.

Also, bear in mind that no two people in the industry will agree on what to call things.

Alright, thanks anyway! I just wanted to ask to avoid having to grind through the entire manual if it wasn't necessary.

Ezekiel Uwadiae

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Resource: Meat industry/cold-storate/slaughterhouse glossary (ES-EN)

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »